The clear majority of men and women who undergo any form of plastic surgery or rejuvenation procedure understand Botox is a top-notch wrinkle treatment product. Well, that’s not all Botox does these days. It is actually an extremely versatile product that is capable of managing a number of medical concerns, including headaches, acne and more.
Botox has stunned the medical community for generations now. Its many applications make it such a powerful tool to have at your disposal. Despite its humble beginnings, Botox has been reworked to treat a number of ailments.
Botox — The Possibilities
As we’ve said, Botox is a treatment with many possibilities far-reaching beyond just wrinkle reduction and treatment. Some such treatments include:
- Acne — Botox is able to curb oil production in the skin, thereby reducing acne breakouts. A tiny amount of Botox will not restrict facial movements but will help reduce the amount of acne you experience on a daily basis. For full treatment, you would need too much Botox — it’s best in small doses for acne.
- Temporary Face-Lift — People pay a lot of money for a face-lift. With Botox, it is possible to experience a temporary face-lift to help shape the jaw, lift the tip of the nose, and relax wrinkles about the eyes.
- Tighten Jowls — Over the years, you’ll find that your jawline is less defined — a little saggier than you like. With Botox — just a little bit — it is possible to tighten the muscles around the jawbone and pull the skin up for a more defined appearance.
- Smooth Neck — When most people think about Botox, they imagine the face more than anything else. Well, Botox can also be used around the neck to smooth out any horizontal wrinkles that have formed from stress, age or injury.
- Reduce Sweating — A little-known feature of Botox is that it can relax your sweat glands, thereby reducing the amount of sweat produced. If you’re someone who sweats excessively, then a quick Botox treatment may be exactly what you need.
- Chronic Migraines — We briefly touched on the fact that Botox is regularly used to treat headaches earlier on. Well, it’s true. Botox is a tried-and-tested treatment for chronic migraines.
- Overactive Bladder — If you suffer from an overactive bladder, Botox has been found to be one of the most impactful treatments to date. The rate of leaks is reduced by nearly 50% per day with a single Botox treatment.