Laser Hair Removal
What to Expect Before Procedure:
- Do not pluck the hair or remove it by methods like waxing or threading for at least 1 month before the procedure.
- Avoid sunlight for at least 4 to 6 weeks before the procedure. Use a good sunscreen as directed by the doctor.
- De-tan and bleach the skin using products recommended by the doctor.
- Trimming the hair in the treatment site is done just before the procedure to avoid burning of the existing hair.
- Inform the doctor about regular medications taken, if any as many medications may interfere with the procedure.
What to Expect During Procedure:
- The removal process is done in a 4-8 sessions depending upon the hair quality and quantity.
Goggles are worn for eye protection.
- Cooling gel may be applied to the site of hair removal before starting the procedure.
- Small handy device is used to pass hot laser beams. The light from this beam is converted into heat which inactivates the hair follicles in the area.
- After the procedure, cool pack and creams are applied to prevent irritation.
What to Expect After Procedure:
- Swelling, redness and some changes in skin color are commonly experienced immediately after the procedure which subsides gradually in few hours.
- Ice pack can be applied to relieve these symptoms.
- Completely avoid sun for next few weeks and use a strong sunscreen lotion.
- Avoid all other hair removal methods in the treatment site.
To learn if laser hair removal is a solution for you, or to schedule your next treatment, please call our office at 214-280-4316.
Mon-Fri: 9AM to 5PM
Sat: By Appointment Only